Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Banksy Project Review

The Banksy project is by far my favorite project I have done in college so far. It was so nice to see that everyone participated to get their voices heard. I think it's important for students to have a voice in their education system and this project helped students get their opinions out to improve the system. The only upset of the day was that the maintenance department would not leave the projects up longer for everyone to see, but thankfully they did not tear them down before the class got to view them. Everyone worked hard to make a statement, but my favorite project was the one with the student looking at UCLA with a ball and chain attached to his ankle representing how students dream of well known universities but are held back due to the cost. It was a perfect way to get his point across because the picture was bold and captured a lot of peoples attention. Becoming Banksy for the day was a wonderful experience. I'm glad to have been apart of this activity!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney,

    I strongly agree with you. The Banksy project was an exciting and motivational activity. I actually found the maintenance crew a little upsitting, but at the same time a bit funny; do to the fact that they were following us around the whole school like if we were criminals :D

    ReplyDelete